Historical Facts – June 2018


The Bank of Marissa, founded in 1879 by John C. Hamilton and Ernst Kunze.  It stool where Dr. Robert Redpath had his office and where the Chamber of Commerce office is now located.  After being destroyed in the 1902 fire it was moved to the south end of the present bank building.  On the far left was the store of Alex Mathews, and the second floor housed the Knights of Pythias Hall.